3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Why I started this blog


Why did I start this blog? I started this blog for several reasons, for myself, for my family, and I hope for God's glory. I have been His child since I was 8 years old, and truly came to know Him and understand laying my life at the Master's feet when I was 18. But it is the journey of my adult years that has created the most mile markers along my walk with Christ. I hope my story helps to touch, inspire, and bless you as you read.

As for the specific reasons for this blog:

First, 4 years ago God gave my husband and I a miracle in the form of our first son, and two years later our second son. Learning how to accept and receive God's grace and mercy along the three year journey toward becoming a family, is something that I know many other couples have or are going through and I feel our story might help encourage and uplift.

Second, I have discovered that the very thing I prayed for "a family" brings the most amazing roller coaster ride into my daily life. I am a mother of two boys, David now 4, and Jonathan 23 months. Each day my very active boys find new adventures to get into and the stories of these adventures have made so many of my friends laugh when they read about them on facebook, that they said I needed to be more consistent in writing them.

Third, Although I am richly blessed to be able to stay home with my boys, my education and career background is architecture and interior design. So, I miss being a part of the design world on a daily bases and hope that the projects I share from around my own home (which are inspired by my own crazy constantly working mind, magazines, books, TV, and of course other design blogs) will also inspire your creative energy.

And Finally, I wanted to blog, because 6 years ago God brought a company into my life that enabled me to stay home with my boys, still have my hands in the design world, and make plenty of wonderful friends with beautiful ladies. Southern Living at HOME helps me to share incredible home decor, organizational, and entertaining products with ladies who also love creating a home that is warm and inviting to all who come through their doors. Helping to create a home of "Southern Hospitality" ANYWHERE in the country is what it is all about. I love my Southern Living at HOME products, I love my Southern Living at HOME family, and I love my Southern Living at HOME friends!

Hope you enjoy learning more about Me, my life's journey, my family, my design style, and about Southern Living at HOME.

0 comments:

Post a Comment