3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Show us Where you Live - Wedding Dresses




I missed Show us How you live - Wedding Dresses and Wedding party the past two Friday's so I wanted to quickly post my pictures before this coming Friday's Show us your Wedding Reception and Honeymoon.

My husband and I were married 8 years ago on June 30th, 2001 in the church where we met McCotter Blvd. Baptist Church in Havelock, NC.and our reception was at the Officers Club, Cherry Point Marine Corp. Air Station. My bridal portraits were taken at the Tryon Palace gardens in New Bern, NC, didn't like how I had my hair styled that day and so changed it for our wedding day to look a little softer and more me.

My dress was a halter style and made me totally feel beautiful and like a princess on my wedding day. My favorite moment from the day was when my husband-tp-be came to the room where I was getting ready and we stood with the door between us so he couldn't see me and we joined hands and prayed before the ceremony (the photographer did catch this moment and its one of my favorite pictures but its in my album and I can't scan it.)

I walked down the aisle to Scottish bag pipe music (totally unexpected but so me) and then good friends of ours from our church sang the song "Household of Faith" during the candle lighting ceremony. Then my brother and cousin sang to us just after we said our vows, they sang "When I said I do". The ceremony was so beautiful, my only regret is that I did not have a videographer to capture the whole thing and the parts I missed before walking down the aisle. OH well, maybe on our 10th ;-)


This picture didn't scan so well, because I have a line right down my face, but I do love this picture.



Our wedding party was huge, but I wouldn't take a single person out, each and every one of them meant so much to us and to making our day so special. Truly a celebration of our lives being joined together in God's eyes.




0 comments:

Post a Comment