3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bloom - read, discuss, grow


Chapter One of Crazy Love from angie smith on Vimeo.

How do you consistently remind yourself of God?


I constantly remind myself by having a prayer list in a place I see it several times throughout my day and along side it I have a few of my favorite scriptures that I read along with the prayer needs.  These scriptures help to remind me of God's love, mercy, and compassion in answering those prayer needs.

I also help to manage the prayer warrior email chain for my church and I keep prayer list for women fighting infertility on my blog, so that I am constantly having a visual list of praise and prayer needs in front of me (I am on my computer often ;-) )

What attribute of God is hardest for you to grasp?

The attribute's of God that I struggle with sometimes is ALL POWERFUL and JUST & FAIR. It is moments when I have a friend or know of someone through a blog that prayed for years to concieve a child and they loose that sweet angel before they even have a chance to hold them, or they live such a short time after being born.  I want to cry out, if Your so POWERFUL, why didn't you heal that baby?  OR how is it JUST & FAIR that the whole family dies in a car accident but the drunk driver walks away unhurt.  BUT I know that my God is a God of mercy and love and He sees a whole scope of life that I can't even begin to comprehend.
What struck you in this week's reading?


I actually was impacted very quickly by a statement Mr. Chan made at the very beginning of the book in the preface on page 20 ". . . . . . . how we've missed who we are supposed to be, and sad when I think about how we're missing out on all tha God wants for the people He loved enought to die for."
 
That alone is overwhelming to think of sometimes, that God has SOOOOO much more for me if I would only allow Him FREE reign in my life.
 
I hope you will join us if you have not already joined the Bloom book club.  Just run out quick to your local bookstore and pick up a copy of Francis Chan's Crazy Love and step into the pages that will help you have a greater understanding and growth in your personal walk with God.  We are moving into chapter 2 this week, so you still have plenty of time to join the fun.  Click on the link to the left of my page and join in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment