3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

OK so MAYBE I am a little over the top OBSESSED . . . . . . with Childen'r books

I think it might be fair to say that I am a little over the top in my obsession with children's books.  Last month I bought 5 new books for the boys to add to their library bringing the grand total of children's books in our home to 178.  YEP you read that number correctly and that does not include the antique children's books that I collect and keep out of reach of the boys.

Today the preshool sent home 2 more Scholastic Book order forms and I have already made my shopping list for 10 more books. 

I just can't seem to help myself, I love reading so much and want to pass on my love for the written word to my boys.  I actually started collecting children's book in my hope chest back in the late 80's, I started with a collection of Disney Gallery Books, and began writing inscriptions to my future children inside the covers.  I wrote simple messages that corresponded to the story and spoke of my dreams of them and for them.  I may one day have to open up a reading corner room for children.  One of my favotire movies is "You've Got Mail" because in the movie Meg Ryan's character owns The Shop around the Corner, a children's books store where she daily has the Story Lady Hour and she reads to the children with her magic Story Lady hat on.

So here are just a few of my favorite books that I love reading over and over again to the boys.



One of my most cherished moments with the boys, is each day when I tuck them in at night and read, sing, and say prayers with them.  Often times I let one of them choose a book from the shelf and then we cuddle together on Davey's bed and read and explore the pages of the book selected. 

Do you have a bedtime reading routine with your child or children?  What are some of your favorite children's books that you either read to your children or you remember from your own childhood?

0 comments:

Post a Comment