3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rough couple of days with 2 little Boys

It has been a rough couple of days with my 2 little Boys.  I am not sure if it is the time change, the terrible 2's, or just typical boys, but my 2 little Boys have really been over the top in their behavior. Yesterday my dear husband and I went up to the church with the boys, to help move furniture back into the offices (we are getting new carpet in the offices and sanctuary).  So, while we were working I put the boys into one of the play rooms and made sure the half door was locked so they couldn't get out into the middle of things, and instructed Davey not to open the door to the adjacent toddlers bathroom.

WELL . . . . about 30 minutes into working I noticed how quiet it was in the room they were in (NEVER a good sign).  I went to investigate only to find that the room was covered with water and the boys were in the toddlers bathroom.  (Pause for snickers, because looking back this will be one of the things we laugh at, but at the time it was not funny).  When I turned the corner into the bathroom, Davey was washing a baby doll in the sink and Jonathan was washing a truck in the toilet.  The floor in the bathroom had at least a 1/2 inch of water and both of the boys were soaked.  UGH!

THEN, last night at around 12:30AM Jon woke up screaming and so I brought him into our bed to sleep with us (this is a treat, not something that happens often) and he fell back to sleep and we slept fine UNTIL.  4:30AM my husband's alarm clock goes off and he plays "slap and tickle" with it for the next half hour until he is finally ready to get out of bed and get ready for work but . . . . . . Jon is now FULLY AWAKE.

LATER in the morning Jonathan climbed up on a chair and got down our brand new Tupperware salt and pepper shakers and was licking them, I went to go get them from him and he started running away and chucked the shakers across the gate into the kitchen.  The shakers exploded everywhere, the floor was covered with salt and pepper, and to make it worse a hole was busted into the bottom of one of them.  UGH!  THEN the little guy was not done with his rampage, took Davey's cup drank a full mouth full of milk out of it and then went into the dinning room and spit it all over the floor.  TO say the least I put him down for a nap, otherwise he and I were going to have a BIG problem. 

Davey is not innocent in all of this, he has been having melt down whining fits over everything lately.  "It's time to eat dinner"  MELT DOWN "It's time to pick up toys"  MELT DOWN "You can't go upstairs right now Grandma is sleeping"  MELT DOWN "It's time to go potty"  MELT DOWN  "It's past time for milk, its bed time"  MELT DOWN.  We can't seem to find a way to turn off the whining, I mean the lip comes out and the whining voice comes out for the smallest little things, even his preschool teacher is DONE with it. 

SO I am having a rough couple of days, I love them dearly, but days like these really wear on my nerves and make it difficult to think of adding #3 to this craziness.  I pray that God provides my husband and I the tools to make it through these terrible 2's for Jon and find a better way for Davey to communicate he needs and worries.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I to you.
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. – John 14:27


Post a Comment