3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving on the Neuse

Before we move onto Christmas traditions, decorations, inspirations, and pictures I had to share about our wonderful Thanksgiving.  We had eighteen for Thanksgiving, YES 18!  My brother's, their wives, and their children all arrived Wednesday night (racing across NC to get here first so they could get the big brass bed, my brother Jimmy and S-I-L Kelly won).  Shortly after they arrived, Kelly (who has lost 84 pounds, GO GIRL) and I headed off to the gym for a 2 hour workout.  (Yep trying to burn some calories so we can put on some more on Thanksgiving day, LOL).


Thanksgiving day dawned with the traditional watching of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade while we cooked pie's and preped the turkey's.  After I got the pumpkin pie's done I headed out for a powerwalk with Jon in the stoller.  When I returned my Sister and her family and arrived along with my nieces boyfriend (I think this one may be the one).  The family gathered for a brunch upstairs in my Mom's dining room, to hold us over until dinner at 4:30 (my husband and I didn't eat, we were too busy working on the turkey's and pie's)  Most of the family moved outside afterwards for a game of CornHole (I hate the name) and my SIL Paula and niece Hilary helped Davey make a fruit turkey.  Our day also included a large family photo session down by the river since we hadn't taken family pictures since before the boys were born.

My MoG and I kept pretty busy in our kitchen preparing food and setting up the tables for dinner late in the afternoon.  My kitchen was converted into a buffett line, and my living room was rearranged to accomodate the two long tables we borrowed from the church.  Dinner was wonderful with two kinds of turkey one traditional and one smoked, greenbeans with almonds, cornbread pudding, mashed potates, fruit salad and dip, stuffing, rolls, and cranberry's.  Yum Yum!

Mom and BIL Calvin playing Corn Hole


My SIL, niece Calli, and Davey made a fruit turkey arrangment



My parents with all the grandkids


My niece Cassandra and her boyfriend Luther


 . . . . .then Friday we gathered for a family friendly game of Liverpool Rummy (I won hehe!).

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was as wonderful as ours, God Bless!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment