3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Saturday, December 12, 2009

26 Children's Christmas Books in 25 Days Day #12


On this VERY VERY COLD day in North Carolina our 2 little Boys are reading one of my new favorite Christmas books What is Christmas? written by Michelle Medlock Adams and illustrated by Amy Wummer. 

This very simple board book truly helps children to answer the question, Just what is Christmas, anyway?  Is it about the Christmas tree, the lights, the cards that mom writes?  Or is Christmas about gifts, Santa Claus, or Candy Canes?  What about all the delicious food, cookies, or even the snow?  Are these the things that make Christmas day, December 25th so special every year?  NO, although all these things are really nice, Miss. Adams makes it clear that Christmas is about God's son.

God sent his son, Jesus the Christ,
From heaven up above.
He came to earth to save the world -
God's greates gift of love.

So, you will find that this book reads very easily, the pictures are simple and uncluttered so that the children can truly focus on the message of the story that answers "What is Christmas?."  Hop on over to Amazon or go out to Walmart and pick up this book, you won't regret the purchase (and it's perfect size for stalkings).

"Okay, now I get it."  (the children say)

Santa Clus and Christmas trees
And presents are okay,
But Jesus is the real reason
We have a Christmas Day!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I need to go out and get it for Evan. He already has 'What is Easter' and another Christmas book, both board books. They are really nice.

    Thanks for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. I am the author of "What Is Christmas?" and I just happened upon your blog tonight. Thanks so much for your kind words about my book. They brought me much encouragement today. I am honored and humbled that your precious children like my book. Blessings! Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Michelle, you don't know how pleased it makes me that you stumbled across my little blog. I truly LOVE LOVE your book and I couldn't wait to post our thoughts about it on our tour of 26 Children's Christmas Books in 25 Days. God's blessings to you and Merry Christmas!!!

    Daily laying it at the Master's feet!
    Laura Ann

    ReplyDelete