3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

41 Years of God's Blessings

41 years ago today at 9am in the morning my mother and I celebrated our first moments together alone in Vallejo, California.  My father was out of town on a trip and my siblings were with a baby sitter, and although the past 41 years have had their ups and downs, God has blessed me richly with His love and with my family.  I feel blessed to have been a daughter, sister, friend, wife, and mother.  I feel doubly blessed to be the mother of two miracles that we thought might never happen.  Most important I feel blessed to be a child of the Heavenly Father and getting ready to celebrate 31 years in His presence on January 14th.




My sister and I, I am around age 2 in the picture (my thumb was my best friend and chocolate).

My siblings, Ted, April, myself, and Jimmy when we moved to Greensboro, NC (outside my Grandma Haynes's house on Rucker St.)

Kindergarten

My childhood bestfriend Poppy and I Halloween 1979, we just moved back from England, thus no furniture in the living room.

Freshman Year of High School

High School Senior Year


Russian Mission trip to do repairs on a school/home for hearing impaired children, 1998

Grauduation from Collage of Architecture at UNCC, 2001

the BEST of my single years when I met my future husband and some of the best friends of my life

Our Wedding, one of the four best days of my life June 30, 2001


Becoming a mom for the first time to David Cole Jr. May 7, 2005

Becoming a mom for the second time to Jonathan August, 16, 2007

We have not even begun to see what God has in store for us.
Even the best moments that He showers on us are hardly the
appetizer for the banquet He has prepared.
- Sheila Walsh

2 comments:

  1. Oh Laura Ann...
    What a beautiful post sweetie. I so love these pictures of you and your DH at your wedding. I love the one of the two of you, each on the other side of the door with you fingers entwined. So very beautiful. You made a gorgeous bride. Truly you did. The pics of the boys are just precious. You will be blessed again in due time. Patience my friend. Patience. God is good to those who wait.

    Have a beautiful day. Country hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sherry, it was fun making this post and going down through highlites of the best moments in my life through pictures. The wedding picture you like, is one of my favorites. I sent a note to my husband along with my wedding gift to him through my niece (she was my flower girl). The note asked him to come and pray with me before we joined out lives together, and the gift was a dress watch to mark the time of our important start in life. So he came to the room I was in and my brother-in-lam (the best man) stood watch over our private moment and with our hands locked in prayer he prayed over our lives ahead. I will always cherish that moment and that photo.

    ReplyDelete