3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Blast from the Past




 
 This picture was taken in 1971 after we had moved from California to North Carolina.
L to R: My oldest brother Ted, sister April, and to my right my brother Jimmy  

This particular picture was taken at my grandparents home on Rucker Street in Greensboro, North Carolina.  The 3 bedroom house in the background was the home my father grew up with his parents and four siblings.  Directly hehind us sits Betsy, she was our green station wagon and she was our car until I was well into my teens.  Betsy saw more road time then any poor car should (we traveled a lot) but she was faithful and true and I remember starring on a radio program and singing my heart out in the back end near the big automatic roll down window. (yes we are talking pretend here folks)

2 comments:

  1. What fun memories! I remember my grandparents having a huge Oldsmobile like that when I was a kid and my parents later got it as a 'hand me down'. Nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't realize how important it is to photograph our family cars. We make some great memories in those things!

    ReplyDelete