3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Monday, February 15, 2010

Quote for today

I found this quote in the November 2009 O magazine, in an article on Julianna Marquilies called "Aha! Moment"  I responded to this quote so much, because in the article Julianna was speaking of her moments of high stress with her then 5 1/2 month old son.
"This is only a moment; it's not the rest of your life."


"I constantly have to reel myself in because I'm a doer, and I'm always thinking about what's next on my list. We're always being reminded to stay in the present moment, but when that present moment is a stressful one, you think it's going to last forever. My mother's saying put things in perspective for me in a remarkable way, because it made me realize that all moments pass quickly, the good ones as well as the bad. I became cognizant of that the night I sat there, tired, holding my crying baby: "Before I can blink an eye, he's going to be 14 and not letting me into his room!  Since that night, I say to myself at least once a day: "This is just a moment; it's not the rest of your life." - Julianna

Daily I need to remind myself that my most frustrating moments with the boys are just that, A MOMENT, and that in the scope of the whole rest of their lives that ONE MOMENT of stress isn't worth the STRESS on me or them.  Thanks Julianna for sharing your AHA! Moment with other mom's.  Now hopefully besides the Lord's voice in my head telling me to calm down, I will also hear your mother's quote saying, "This is just a moment; it's not the rest of your life."

Go HERE to read the full article on Julianna on her AHA! moment as a mother, it will be worth it.
Julianna Marquilies is actually one of my favorite TV actresses, and you can currently see her in a fantastic show on CBS called the Good Wife on Tuesdays at 10pm central, check out episodes and information HERE.

3 comments:

  1. That is an awesome statement. I'm going to remember it during my stressful times. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I am going to keep this in mind. I love that show too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quote!! I love it!! Sometimes it's really hard to let the small things go and remember it's not the end of the world!! :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by From Blah to Ta-daa!! I think the Ham and Cheese Puff Pastry would make a great party dish -- we had it for lunch but it looked very impressive and tasted soo good!!

    ReplyDelete