3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Won't you Read to Me? - Counting Cows




So it has been a few weeks since I have been able to do feeling well enough to post a Won't Your Read to Me? Wednesday.  So now that I am a smidge, and I do mean SMIDGE stronger, I thought I would post one of our NEW favorite books that we read to the boys A LOT.

 
This is Counting Cows by Michelle Medlock Adams, illustrated by Mark Meyers.  For a little book, it sure does pack a lot of character and fun within its 26 pages.  You can buy this book at Amazon for $7.99 and it will be worth every penny and the shipping too.

Michelle Medlock Adams is actually one of my favorite childrens book authors.  I was first introduced to her books a couple years ago by another mom at my son's preschool, she told me Michelle wrote a series of books titled "What is . . .?" (fill in the blank with Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.)  This series of books was written from a Christian perspective to help explain these holidays to young children.  I will blog about this series of books another time.  For today we are looking at the newest of Michelle's books Counting Cows.

Counting Cows is a cute little book about a young boy who is tired of counting sheep before he goes to sleep . . . . . so this night he chooses to count things that go MOO instead.  The rhyme and rhythm of this book is easy to read and a LOT OF FUN!  My boys love for me to read it over and over again and it is perfect for my 4 year old who is working on his counting.  The part that makes my boys laugh as we read the book, is the dancing cows.  Did she just type DANCING COWS????? YES I DID.  It's called the Moo Cow Boogaloo, and you will have so much fun reading about it, that you may end up doing the Moo Cow Boogaloo with your kids too.

FUN, FUN, FUN and the text is simple enough that your emerging reader will find this easy to read as well.  The book is geared toward 3-5 year olds.

4 comments:

  1. oh no you DID do tuesday's list didn't you?? now i feel awful :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book looks so cute and I am really interested in the holiday ones! Can't wait to read about them soon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing about new books!! Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new follower. You can also follow me at www.safehomehappymom.com

    ReplyDelete