3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Friday, March 12, 2010

Pregnancy Journal - 7 Weeks Pregnant


The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities I daydream about holding and tickling. Technically, my baby is still considered an embryo by medical standards, and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller.

Our baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.


If I could see inside my womb, I'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of our baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in our baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.

How am I feeling:
So far I am very lucky and feeling great, this little blueberry is being very kind to me.  I am not afflicted yet with morning sickness and I have mixed feelings about whether or not I want it.  I really DON'T want to be sick, but some say that because I didn't have morning sickness with my 2 little Boys, that if I don't get sick with this one, I will probably have another boy.  I am just praying that I am one who doesn't get morning sickness because I am allowed to still take my aciphex pills and it KEEPS ME FROM experiencing anything more that nausea.  I am of course tired all the time and that will probably be the case for many more weeks.  Otherwise life is continuing as normal.

I am having a bit of a battle with the OB clinic to get my first appointment scheduled.  Apparently my normal OB has decided they no longer work with POTENTIALLY high risk pregnancies and so I am being sent 2 hours away to a clinic that has more care options for me.  Unfortunately they are dragging their feet and passing the buck around the office, on getting my first appointment scheduled, this has been going on for more then a week now.  I just want to move forward into a positive pregnancy rather then doing all this phone tag, pass the buck, making my pregnancy feel doomed junk, that is going on here at the local medical care level.



Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

5 comments:

  1. haha no i did not, but i'm definitely planning on ordering one now that we know! i was actually just looking through her selection last night. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner months ago and left you a comment. Unfortunately I could't find your blog again so I haven't been following it lately. I found it again today through Kelly's Korner and I am so glad I did because I found out you are pregnant. Congratulations! I also have two little boys and am pregnant with my third and would love to have a little girl. I will be praying for you and I can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah

    Congratulations on your news, I hope that you have a safe and wonderful pregnancy and that you have the girl your hoping for. I tried to check out your blog but I guess your set to private. Thank you for the prayers, I appreciate it, we are very happy and praying for a girl this time too.

    Blessings to you
    Laura Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant with number four! We will be delivering about the same time!!!!!!!!!

    Best wishes!!!!!

    justanightowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura Ann,
    I am just getting back to checking your blog again-it has been a crazy week. I just started a blog this weekend. It is http://livingonriceandbeans.blogspot.com
    If you get a chance stop by but I have to warn you I just started it so there are only a few post. I am still learning!

    ReplyDelete