3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Friday, April 23, 2010

Show Us Your Life - How you met Your Husband

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

David and I met in 1993 when we both started attending McCotter Blvd. Baptist Church.  I had started attending there after moving back home with my parents while I was going to school.  I did not want to be in the single's class because it was made up of mostly 18-20 year olds and at the time I was 24 and didn't want to be in a class of "fresh out of high school" individuals that I didn't have anything in common with.  Then a few months after I started attending, my Sunday school teacher invited a friend of his from work to come to church, and he didn't want to be in another class, he wanted to stick with his friend even though it was the young married class.
 Singles group meeting at my house (now our finished basement apartment in my parents home) I am on the back row with a white shirt and red shorts, my husband is on the front left.
Our singles group (vast age range 18-late 40's) attending a singles conference at Fort Caswell, North Carolina.  I am in the front middle with a pink shirt on and my husband is on the left in a stripped shirt.

Our best friends in singles group (from lower left) Kathryn, Terry, David, Gina, and then myself in the front middle.  The four ladies on the back row and the gentlemen on the far right are from another singles group in our area that we grouped up with at a singles conference at Caswell.

SO, our friendship began with both of us hiding out in the young married class at our church.  Then after a while we started attending the singles class and inviting more people our age and through the growth of the single group our friendship also grew.  After a while both of us started being told ALL THE TIME by my family, friends, and church family, that we would be perfect together, that we looked like we belonged together.  It took us until 1999 before we finally started dating and took our friendship to another place that God directed us to go (with the help of some nagging from our family and friends at church).

David proposed to me Christmas 1999
We were married June 30, 2001
 
"Come and get it darlin!" 
It's been pretty fun since that wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet story, and beautiful wedding pictures!! It's always fascinating to see how God brings two people together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute pictures of your wedding! And, your boys are adorable! Are you not going to find out what your 3rd baby is? I see your only 13 weeks along. I don't know if I could STAND IT! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much, I asked the photographer to really capture our personality in the pictures and I think he did a great job of doing it. My favorite picture is of us praying at the door. The photographer was in the bridal room with me when I had sent my husband his wedding gift through my niece, the flower girl. I had attached a card that told him to come pray with me before we walked down the aisle and joined our lives before Christ and our loved ones. My brother-in-law stood guard over our private moment with the door between us so my MoG wouldn't get a sneak peak, then I kissed his hand and told him I would see him in a bit.

    As for finding out about baby #3 sex, ASAP we will find out, I need to know so I can decorate. Thanks for the complement on my boys, I think they are pretty cute too.

    ReplyDelete