3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Memorial Day is a day to remember the men and woman who have fallen in the line of duty, protecting our nation and all that the United States of America stands for.  Living in a community that proudly calls Marine Corp Air Station Cherry Point our neighbor, is an amazing thing.  I am so very proud that my husband was a part of that family of military and that he survived the Gulf War to one day be brought into my life by God.  I never had the honor of being a military wife, I never stayed home worrying about my husbands safety in the line of duty, I didn't have to raise my children alone while my husband followed orders in harms way.
I have the honor of being friends with the woman who serve along side their husbands and those fallen warriors and the families they left behind are who we HONOR today.  Memorial Day can be a fun gathering with your family, but it isn't about picnics, beaches, and fun in the sun, it is the fallen we are called to remember.
So although I pray you and your family have a safe and fun Memorial Day.  I pray you find the time to honor the men and woman who give you the ability to have fun today, and those who have fallen on our sword of freedom.

May God bless you and yours this Memorial Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment