3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My sweet Man of God

Yesterday and Today my darling man really helped me out and surprised me with an early Mother's Day present.  With everything that has been going on with my pregnancy I have not been able to work on my large flower bed like I wanted to, and believe me when I tell you it was choked with weeds.

So knowing that I have Davey's 5th birthday party here at the house on Friday and then the following weekend we have a gathering here, I knew I needed to get out there and start working on it no matter how I was feeling, I would just have to pace myself.  To my surprise, without me asking, my husband followed me out yesterday and started working right along side me and in no time at all we had the bed cleared of the worst of the weeds.  There was one section we left  alone because we weren't sure if it was wild strawberries growing up, or another plant I had planted a while back that just hadn't bloomed yet. (we ended up pulling it today)
Then I trimmed back my beautiful peonie bushes and set up a pitcher of flowers on my kitchen counter, and believe me the fragrance is filling my house.
Then today I picked up 5 pink begonia plants, planning to plant them tonight after the sun was off the flower bed and called my husband to ask him to pick up 3 pine straw bales for me on his way home.  When he got home I went out to plant my plants, and again he followed me out, and there laid out in the flower bed along with the 5 begonia's I had picked up, were 6 hot pink carnation plants.  So, together my sweet husband, Davey, and I planted the plants and spread out the pine straw and then my MoG watered my beautiful new flower bed for me.  He knew this was something that was big on my to-do list and how much I wanted to get it done before company came around again.  OH how I love him and I love how he manages to surprise me sometimes.
Thank you my love!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Mother's Day gift!! Your flower bed is really beautiful (LOVE pink flowers as well)!!

    ReplyDelete