3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Friday, May 14, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Favorite Books/Children's Books

Kelly's Korner had another great activity for Show Us Your Life that I just couldn't pass over even though time is short these days.  This Friday Kelly wants us to blog about Show Us Your Life - Favorite Books & Children's Books.  I LOOOOOOOOVE books, I have always been a avid reader and I pray to pass on my love for the written WORD and the written word to my children.

Of course TOP my my list is reading God's word, I prefer NIV or NAS.  I have had the same bible for 13 years, I love reading back over notes I have made in the margins, or verses of have highlighted.

The first novels I remember reading, which I will certainly share with my children someday, are:
Louise May Alcott's, Little Women 
(first book my mother gave me to read)
 Laura Ingalles Wilder, Little House on the Prairie.  
(a gift from my brother on my 8th birthday)
(first book set I bought for myself)

As an adult I have enjoyed MANY books including:

 To Kill a Mocking Bird, by Harper Lee
Woman of Substance, by Barbara Taylor Bradford
Mitford Series, by Jan Karon
ANY book by Nicholas Sparks
Bride Quartet series, by Nora Roberts
and presently I am reading and using a lot of tissue over
Same kind of Different as Me, by Ron Hall & Denver Moore

Children's books could be VERY long for me, I collect and love reading great children's books, here are just a few on the TOP of my list:
What is Easter? Halloween? Thanksgiving? Christmas? series, by Michelle Medlock Adams
My Truck is Stuck, by Kevin Lewis
Alphabet Adventures, by Audrey Wood
Ten Little Fish, by Audry Wood
Sleepy Bears, by Mem Fox
Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein
Max the Minnow, by William Boniface
God Gave Us You, by Lisa T. Bergren
Chick Tock, by Gordon Volke

Do you have some favorite books you want to share?  
Leave a comment, or make your own post and go over to Kelly's Korner and link up your blog post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment