3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Another Project DONE

Although I hate working around the house on Sunday, it was really the only good day to do this project.  My MoG has been working 10 hour shifts in a hot hanger all day long, so when he gets home he is pretty worn out and I try my best not to have a major project for him if I can help it.  So this past Sunday, after church and lunch, we hit the office and the boys room with great gusto to switch the boys to their NEW room.

Emptying the Office of boxes and furniture

Doing as much as we can to empty the boys room before J's nap.
My dining room during the switch
My Living room during the switch.  Piles Piles EVERYWHERE!

The Boys NEW room

 . . . . . and NOW this is what Rachel's room looks like until we get a few more projects done so we can unpack the boxes and start getting to her walls to patch and paint.
The large picture frame we are going to put a US map in and rehang in the boys room.  Some of the other frames that used to hang in the office will be refilled with art work for the boys or Rachel's room and the frames painted depending on which room they are hung in.

I still have things to do in the boys room, such as sewing some accent pillows for their bed in some cute vintage cowboy fabric that I found, hanging some artwork in their room, and emptying the closet (which is locked right now) of some more of my business and craft supplies.  We also ordered a new dresser that matches their bunk bed and soon they will have a little more room and less furniture in their play space.

We finished up the room switch at 7:15PM and I was totally worn out and had to take some Aleve and head to bed.  But I am so glad that we were able to accomplish the room switch in one day and that the boys are happy with their new room.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of work, and you did a great job. Isn't it wonderful to get one project just about done. I'm sure the boys love their new space. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete