3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Friday, July 2, 2010

Our 9th Anniversary

My husband and I took a few days to get away to celebrate our 9th anniversary.  We didn't go far, we simply went up the road to our beautiful historical town and checked ourselves in to the Hilton, with no kids, and a plan to do things we hadn't done in a while, and dine in places we don't normally go.  And I did a lot of this . .
 . . . 
But after having my feet up for a bit and catching a nap, I appreciated the view from our hotel room overlooking the river and the marina. Then I brought out our wedding photo album for us to visit our memories of the beautiful day we got married (something we do every year on our anniversary) while we sipped glasses of sparkling cider.
And when we weren't resting in our room or sitting out on our balcony enjoying the view while ordering room service, we took advantage of the break in the rain storms to explore the cute boutiques, antique stores, furniture shops downtown, and store fronts.  We even took time to visit the birthplace of Pepsi-Cola.
I love this little outdoor chapel, I had even considered it for when we were planning our wedding 9 years ago.

Our lovely evenings out for dinner where wonderful and yummy.  
Then one last look out our hotel room windows, and back to reality.

*This post is backdated to match the date of the event, our anniversary trip June 29- July 1, returning to reality on July 1st.

0 comments:

Post a Comment