3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Friday, July 9, 2010

Pregnancy Journal - 24 Weeks

How am I feeling and how are things progressing with the pregnancy:  


It has been several weeks since I have been able to post about how things are going with the pregnancy, specifically I missed being able to post about weeks 21, 22, and 23.  I am feeling pretty good, although I STILL have not gotten that burst of energy that normally hits in the second trimester.  Instead I feel overwhelmed by the list of things ahead to do around the house to get ready, the boys and their never stopping electrical personalities, the daily chores around the house, computers and washers breaking, summer swim lessons, VBS, and a questionable vacation just around the corner.  I feel like NOTHING is getting checked off my to-do list except weight gain and I don't want to GAIN weight.  


2 weeks ago I had my second level 2 ultrasound.  The doctor wanted to recheck the baby on a second level 2 because during the first one Rachel wasn't working with the ultrasound tech and kept moving around, so she was unable to get a clear image of her heart.  So during the second level 2 they were able to get clear images and measurements of the heart and a few other areas of the babies anatomy and gave us a clear for the baby being in good physical shape at this time.  The ultrasounds still show that I have a pocket of blood between the uterus and placenta, but it has grown much smaller and is no longer close to the cervix.  Unfortunately, due to the blood pocket still being present, the doctor has not released me to go back to the gym, which is stressing me some.  Believe me I am happy about little Rachel, but at this moment in life I am feeling kind of like I am having Postpartum depression before the pregnancy is over.  Everything just feels like it is just too much, the weight gain (which I estimate to be around 15-18 pounds all together now), my parents health, not feeling the energy or motivation to work on my to-do list to get ready for Rachel, and the boys entering a phase of what seems to be fighting all the time over toys.  I mean I really hate to complain or feel this way, I know so many worse things could be happening, I just feel at times like I can't handle another thing and I am coming off my tracks.


To top it off the ultrasound tech is asking me to drink even more water for my upcoming 3D/4D ultrasound, and I don't think I can hold another ounce of liquid, I mean I feel like I am peeing every five minutes as it is.  On the days that I come close to drinking the water that I should the pressure on my bladder feels like I am going to explode.  Then on top of  that, we have a two week vacation to the Lake Placid, NY to visit with my husbands family, but we are not sure that the doctor will release me to travel and all the things around us breaking keeps cutting into our vacation budget.  So the idea of being in a car for 8+ hours per day for 2 days, the frequent stops for peeing that I KNOW I will need for my bladder and the swelling of my feet, and the looming financial projects we have around the house, just makes this vacation not highly exciting at this moment.


OK but with ALL that vented out, I am feeling well, my days still include a daily morning toss of my cookies but with that being the worst of my symptoms, I am good.


How your baby's growing:

Our baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.


Week 21 - Carrot
Week 22 - Squash
Week 23 - Mango
Week 24 - Large ear of Corn

1 comment:

  1. I know about that overwhelming feeling - when I was getting ready for our 4th - it seemed like there wasn't enough time to get it all done or that life was getting in the way of getting everything that I thought I needed done...so I finally just let some of it go - there was just no way to worry about all the things that I did with my first when there were 3 little boys running around and fighting (very normal but annoying) Hope you have a wonderful 3d/4d ultrasound - I have heard that they are amazing as far as seeing features.

    ReplyDelete