3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Friday, July 9, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Favorite Bible Verse


Kelly (from Kelly's Korner)  is having one of my favorite blogging activities, Favorite Bible Verse.  So I am so happy that I made it back into computer land just in time to participate this this Show Us Your Life activity.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace 
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope 
by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 15:13

This verse saw both my husband through the most difficult years of our battle to begin our family.  I CLUNG like a starving woman to the words JOY, HOPE, and PEACE, knowing that with each of those words we had to TRUST.  During the second year of our battle with infertility, my husband gave me a locket for Christmas and I wrote this Romans 15:13 on a small piece of paper and tucked it into the locket and wore it ALL the time.  The verse became a constant prayer, during moments of sadness of our struggle I would literally rub my fingers on the locket as I prayed the verse.  

When our struggle turned to JOY with the news of our first son, I continued to wear the locket only after D's birth the verse was tucked behind his baby picture.  Eventually J's picture also joined D's and Romans 15:13 continues to be our life verse through the ups and downs that marriage and parenthood bring us.  This verse is a true reflection of our relationship with the Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment