3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pregnancy Journal - 35 Weeks and Fantastic News!

I'm 35 weeks today!
BIG PRAISE CHECK UP!  We had a check up yesterday with the doctor along with an ultrasound, this will be a weekly thing from this point out.  ALL was good news!!!  Rachel is doing fantastic, in fact the amniotic fluid level has more then doubled due to the doctor choosing to take me off my blood pressure medication.  My doctor felt that my BP meds might have been contributing to the seriously low amniotic fluid level and his theory proved to be true during the week long test of being off it.  During the ultrasound they also determined that all of Rachel's organs have developed as they should and that due to the amnio coming up, she actually had enough room to move to a head down position, YEAH!  As for me, my BP was great and I only gained 1 pound this week.  Secretly I was hoping that I would magically loose the 9 pound water weight gain that had drastically appeared at my previous appointment, but no such luck.  BUT at least I didn't see a scary large number again this week.  Only thing the doctor has asked me to do to try and keep the swelling down, is to lower my sodium intake to 2000 mg per day, other then that he is not wanting to treat it with medication at this time and he is lifting my bed rest order for now.  WOO HOO!  I only have to put my feet up if my feet start looking bad.  SO hopefully we will keep all this good news going through to next weeks appointment when we will turn the corner to our final 4 weeks.

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 35 Weeks
Size of baby: Rachel is the size of a 6 lbs 5 oz. Honeydew Melon
Total Weight Gain/Loss this week: Gained 1 lbs
Gender: Our first baby girl!
Movement: Rachel has turned and is head down and kicking me like crazy.
Sleep: I don't sleep very well, because every couple of hours I have to go to the bathroom
What I miss: At this point salt, because I have to watch my sodium intake due to swelling
Cravings: Nothing particular at this point.
Symptoms: Not able to breath very well because Rachel is taking up so much room and swelling in my feet and ankles.


0 comments:

Post a Comment