3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Monday, October 25, 2010

Baby Girl {Hospital Notes}

Day 4
(transcribed from diary I kept in Rachel's NICU space)

Platelet 9200 {UP} goal 150,000
hemotologie Dr. Dashner
IV-IG = globulon antibody

Rachel may have antibody to her platelets


Dr. Humperson geneticist came to talk to me about Trisomy 21, said a few things about Down Syndrome but really didn't want to go into too much until all of Rachel's genetic tests come back.  Honestly not sure I heard too much of what she had to say.


Dr. Nailer - Attending Physician (LOVE HER)


Pulminary much better onto lower oxygen


Billy Ruben still high - currently 13


Hematinics in better range


In other news they informed us we had a room at the Ronald McDonald house late today and so David and I drove back home and I finished packing, had dinner with the boys, and kissed them goodbye.  I hated leaving them, what should be a joyful time of a new sister for them, is filled with uncertainty.  I know they can see the sadness on my face but I feel helpless to change any of it for them.  

David he drove me back up and settled me into the room for the night.  All I can tell you is that I clung to him tonight before he left, I did not want David to leave, I didn't want to be alone to face what ever is ahead for Rachel. So for now I will distract myself from all of that by settling into RMH and will rest for a bit before Hilary (my niece) picks me up after class over at ECU to go visit her cousin for the first time. Can't wait to see Rach again today and hopefully get a chance to hold her this time (didn't get to do that earlier). 





Here are a few pictures from Hilary's first visit





One Hilary took of me and one of the many headbands I had for Rachel (it's the only time I get to play dress-up with her or have any link to the things I wanted to do if everything had been "normal").


**Back at my RMH room and falling into bed, it has been a long day and I just want to sleep if I can and get on the shuttle early in the morning and go be with my girl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment