3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Baby Girl {Hospital Notes}

(transcribed from diary I kept in Rachel's NICU space)
Day 6

Little Rach got off her oxygen 100% today, YEAH! AND they even got her dressed up in one of her cute sleepers  Grandma H got to hold Rachel for the first time today and they had a good time with Grandma's songs that she always loves to sing to her grans, it's been a good day for our girl.

I know it is a little crazy, but I brought receiving blankets and clothes for her and I was so happy to see the nurses had not only dressed her but also wrapped her isolette mattress with one of her blankets to make her feel more at home.  I also taped up a picture of our family inside her little isolette so she could see her family all day long.


  • Off Oxygen 100%
  • Unable to put in Picc Line so they are going to try and continue to use her normal IV lines
  • 20 ml of breast milk and on a regular feeding schedule
  • Platelet 73 with a goal of over 100
  • Hemaglobin where its supposed to be
  • White blood cell count fine
  • Antibiotics should complete tomorrow
Pictures of the day

My mom holding Rachel for the first time




 Bottle feeding Rachel breast milk.  Normally I will get to actually BF her, but today I was having a very bad physical day and I was not up to the task.


Letter to Rachel I started but never finished:
"Dearest Rachel,

Your now six days old and you are such a precious gift and you seem to improve each day with God's care.  You have been in the PITT NICU unit in Greenville, NC since the day you were born and airlifted from Craven Regional Medical in New Bern."

So much more to say but it is hard to put my feelings down right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment