3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Friday, December 17, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday

I haven't done one of these in a while but today I am filling blanks with lauren. you should too!

giving is... one of my favorite things to do, I love trying to figure out the perfect gift for the individual I am buying for, especially my family.  I hate buying gift cards or giving money, but as my nieces and nephews have gotten older I have resorted to that because they have more "adult" type needs for money (ie bills and gas).

receiving is... always fun, especially when it is a gift from the heart and is thought out.  Some of my favorite gifts over the years have been handmade or something special like snow globes for each of my kids births.

the best gift i ever received was... from my older brother Ted when I was around 11 or 12, he gave me the the full collection of Little House on the Praire Books.

the best gift i ever gave was... from my older brother Ted when I was around 11 or 12, the full collection of Little House on the Prairie Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  I love the he encouraged my love of reading with his gift.

something intangible i wish i could receive is... a talent of sewing, I have so many sewing project ideas, but often put them off because of my fear of the sewing machine.

something intangible i wish i could give is... comfort and peace, with our experience in the NICU with Rachel the greatest gift I received from my friends during that time was a person to listen, to lean on, to hug.  I wish I could comfort all those who are still similarly heart suffering over their little one in the NICU this Christmas season.

the one gift i always wanted as a child, but never got was... Barbie mansion.
What would your answers  be?  Go HERE to post your answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment