3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Seriously! Seriously!! come on SERIOUSLY!!!!

I really want to have a positive attitude and completely have faith that the Lord will get us around the corner to a place of peace, but right now I can't even see the intersection where we are supposed to get our turn. 

Today I took Jon to his 6 month follow up from his ear tube surgery that he had in June (he was supposed to have his followup last month  but we had a LOT going on so I had it moved to today).  Well, first off we checked in at 10:30 and they didn't call us back until 11:47.  Then after we got called back, the doctor didn't come in the exam room until 12:06, by then Jon had pooped in his pull up and I of course had not brought in his back pack because I didn't think we would be that long.  I informed the doctor that Jon had two ear infections since his surgery in June, including a busted ear drum on October 21st (the day H.... E.....double hockey sticks broke loose in our lives with the joy of Rachel's early arrival).

He took a look and said his left looked great, but that he needed to take a better look at the right with another tool.  So we moved to another exam room with this big light fixture hanging from the ceiling and they had me hold Jon down on the table while the nurse held his head still.  "Yep just what I thought, his tube has slipped out of position and will have to come out completely."  The doctor removed the tube and then went on to say he wanted to schedule Jon as soon as possible to replace the tube and to take out his adenoids.  "When are you wanting to do this", I asked.  "My schedule is free this Friday".  WOW, way to give me time to process things, and on top of that Jon was fully over the whole doctor thing, two hours and he was ready to guide me out of the office no matter if I was still talking to the doctor or not. 

The nurse came back in and asked me if I realized Jon had pooped his pants.  I said, "Yes I didn't think I would be waiting in the waiting area for more then an hour, or that this appointment would take more then two hours, so I left his back pack in the car."  "Oh well you can go get it if you like", the nurse says.  UMMMMM, force yourself to keep a smile and be kind Laura.  So while they were getting the paperwork for the surgery I took Jon to the car and changed his pullup then went back in for another 20 minutes of waiting for them to hand me the papers.

I have said this out loud to a few people, and please don't read between any lines here, I am NOT angry with God but I do feel like at this point if He is trying to tell us something I would really like Him to just go ahead and give me a hand written note.  I am ready for my Moses moment of the writing being on the wall, because I am not getting what He is trying to tell us through all of these physical, mental, and financial roller coasters.  I mean the cherry on the morning was when they brought me the paperwork for the surgery and asked me for $350, this being only the 4th day of the new year, we obviously haven't met our deductible yet and so we have to pay $350 up front to have Jon's surgery this Friday.

My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow MY foot to slip or to be moved; He Who keeps ME will not slumber. Psalm 121:2-3

I know God will guard us through this, and yes I do mean guard, because it is His protection we need during this time.  He will not allow us to fall away in frustration, to be harmed by the one who is attacking us.  He will hold us up and gently give us the glimmer of light and hope ahead.  We may not have answers now, and we may never know, but He has purpose in our circumstances and His glory will shine.  Please if your a praying person, continue to lift us up in your prayers, not only for Jon's surgery but for other things that God knows we are dealing with.  He has a design, just pray we see the Master's plan soon.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my heart breaks for you. Such a trying time and so many trying times can really get you down. I will continue to keep you in prayer. I know the Lord is always in control, however like you sometimes it is so hard to see where he is leading us. God Bless. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura! I am so sorry! I am praying for you and your family. You all have been through so much. I know you are needing a respite right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely keep you and your family in my prayers. I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really know what to say except I am sorry and I am praying.

    ReplyDelete