3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Friday I promised my nieces I would do everything I could to NOT see the wedding of William and Kate so that I could watch it with my nieces Hilary and Cassandra.  So with that in mind I stayed away from the CONSTANT news coverage and posted on my facebook "Don't tell me how it ends" HAHA.  So, we gathered for dinner, Chinese Take-Out, and then sent the kiddo's downstairs so we could watch 4 hours of DVR'd Royal Wedding coverage.

I will have to say, watching the wedding brought back so many wonderful memories of when my family lived there when I was 11 years old.  My father was a flight engineer at the time for Seaboard World Airlines (later to become FedEx) and he was stationed to fly out of the London Heathrow Airport, so we lived their for a year and a half.   We went to Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the Guard, the grass around the palace has little signs that say "Keep of the Queen's Grass" and we had also visited Westminster Abby.  I would really love to return one day.

However, back to William and Kate.  I will say I am not a "Royal Watcher", but like the marriage of Diane and Charles, I was drawn to see it because of my love for England in general.  I think William and Kate will have a much happier go at marriage, because unlike his father, I believe William married for love.
I thought William and Kate were like most couples in love during their wedding ceremony, they gave each other sweet secret looks, winks, and even whispered to each other.  Kate's dress was so beautiful and simple, I really loved the neckline of the dress, the old fashioned lace and yet the modern design of a "strapless" under-dress, truly stunning and I am sure it will bring on the return to more traditional wedding dress styles over the next couple of years.
After the ceremony the young couple rushed off to the balcony at Buckingham Palace so they could share their first kiss.  YEAH RIGHT, lovely thought, but you know at one of the private moments when the camera's weren't on them they had to sneak a kiss.  PLUS, lets remember they are already living together, so they have had a LOT of pre-wedding kisses, HA.  I am pretty sure too that Kate was texting on a cell phone on the carriage ride to the palace because she kept looking down into her lap, so unless a small TV was in the floor of the carriage or body guard was laying on the floor chatting with her, she was on a phone updating her "relationship" status on facebook.
So finally they make it back to the palace and we get to see "the kiss" and the news cast people start rating it on a scale of 1-10.  I mean come on people, did  you really expect them to french kiss in front of the Queen Mother and William's dad the Future King of England????
Now for the one sad note of the day . . . . . William's cousins, Eugenie and Beatrice, daughter's of Prince Andrew came to the royal wedding looking like a royal MESS.  Truly, I had no idea who they were during the ceremony, but when ever the camera stopped on them and Beatrice's unfortunate hat, my nieces and I commented on how ugly it was.  In addition to the fashion mess they both were, I think Beatrice really needs to fire her makeup person because they gave her two black eyes for the day.  So glad these young ladies were NOT invited to stand on the balcony with the rest of the family, HA.  I truly hope both of them get some fashion help and soon, but from the looks of other photos I have seen, this is typical for both of them.
Over all it was a blast to watch and comment on everything going on with Hilary, Cassandra, and my parents. I wish my sister April had been available to come over along with my other niece Calli, we could have had some English biscuits (cookies) and tea to really make watching festive.
  Congratulations William and Kate, may God bless your marriage and may you have MANY happy years together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment