3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lettuce Wrap Final Review

My husband and I give the Lettuce Wrap Recipe TWO THUMBS UP!  Between the wonderful taste and the easy prep this recipe moved quickly into one of our favorites.  The down side for us is that it is not something the kids like so for now we will have to prepare something else for them.  The meat is very rich in flavor, I was very concerned that the Chinese hoisen spice and hot chili sauce might cause stomach issues for me, but to my surprise it didn't.  The only comment that my husband made was that he didn't taste the ginger as much as he thought he might.  I think the reason for this is because I don't have a good grater and was not able to get the full tablespoon of fresh ginger that the recipe called for, I thought it was pretty close but obviously my husband noticed the slight miss measure, HA.

We tried the wrap the way it was originally intended in lettuce leaves.  I picked up Iceberg Lettuce at our local Walmart, and I will have to say the selection was very poor and the lettuce heads were small.  So they did not clean up with nice big large "wrapping" style leaves.  So we did the best we could with the first few test wraps, then we tried some soft taco shells for our last test wraps.
At this time I have to say my favorite wrap is the one with the soft taco shell, maybe if I had better lettuce to work with I would have liked the recipe the way it was originally intended (for sure that is the best calorie recipe)  but for now I think this will be a great addition to our dinner menus with or without the shells.

Hope you enjoy this recipe and will give it a try at your table sometime soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment