3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Monday, September 26, 2011

What's for Dinner Tonight from Pinterest

Tonight I am cooking Cafe Rio Chicken from Pinterest and I can already tell you that I am in love with the smell that is filling our home and the ease of the recipe.  This dish was super easy to make, simply thaw out the amount of chicken I wanted to prepare in the fridge over night and then toss it in the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients and let the aroma fill the house while I dust and clean my living room.  Tonight just before dinner I will toss some shells into the oven to warm and chop up some lettuce, tomatoes and onions and warm up some re-fried beans and we will have ourselves a fun little chicken taco night.  Then just before I take the chicken out of the crockpot I will shred it with a fork, and Whala! I have Cafe Rio Chicken for my taco's.


Cafe Rio Chicken

  • 2 lbs chicken breasts
  • 1/2 a small bottle of zesty italian dressing
  • 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
  • 1 pkt ranch dressing mix (mixed with 1/2 cup of water)
  • 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
  • 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
Place all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on High 5-6 hours OR on Low 8 hours. Shred with fork and serve in salads, burritos, tacos…etc.

You can also double or triple this to make extras for freezing. Then simply thaw and reheat for a lickity split meal.

Go to my Recipe box on Pinterest to find this and more wonderful recipes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment