3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Monday, November 21, 2011

Taking the Plunge

So I am diving in . . . . .
 taking the plunge . . . . .
trusting the Lord for my next step . . . . .
clicking away and finding my joy . . . . .
learning with each photo shoot . . . . .
and blessed to have captured beautiful faces and special moments in the lives of good friends.
I have felt God leading me in this direction for a little while now to start a small photography business, I have always loved taking pictures ever since I was a little girl and I had my first 110 camera.  Some of you are probably wondering what a 110 camera is, it's the quick pic camera of the 80's.  I am not a professional photographer and I still have a very long way to go in my knowledge of the camera and editing, but I feel like God has given me an eye and a talent for this.  Right now I am more of a Momtog or Hobby photographer, but family and friends are willing to trust me and spread the word . . . . . and so I am going through the door the Lord is opening for me.

I have been doing my homework and studying a lot of books and taking some online courses and plan to hopefully take a course at my community college in the Spring.  In the mean time a girlfriend had asked me to take her family pictures before her husband went up to Quantico, and I thought it was a great opportunity to start getting some practical knowledge and experience taking pictures of someone besides my own family members.  The first photo shoot went well (I didn't ask for money, just a thumb drive to put the edited images onto) and I learned a lot about lighting and working with a family group. As a result of the success of that photo shoot another family from my church also asked if I could take their family photos, and once again I agreed to do it for free so I could learn from the experience.  I feel it is important for me to get a variety of photo shoots under my belt before I actually start charging a small fee.  I have a little girl's 1st birthday photos, high school senior photos, my nieces engagement photos scheduled and tonight I was contacted for another family photo shoot.

I think I am off to a good start and pray I grow in my skills, myself, and friendships with each click of my camera.

You can see more of the photos from the photo shoots I have done so far at my facebook page 3 little Miracles Digital Impressions, link located on the right of my page OR you can just click HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment