This great quick recipe can be found HERE at Mama Loves Food, I found it on Pinterest. These days I am always looking for a quick recipe, for those nights when the homework pile is huge, I've had a busy Mom Day, or it's a Church night and we are on the run to eat. This recipe is perfect for just one of those nights.
French Dip Crescent Ingredients:
- 2 packages crescent rolls, 8 count
- 1 pound deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Swiss or provolone cheese, cut in 16 equal sized pieces
- optional: Horseradish Sauce
- optional: Au Jus for dipping (click here for my Easy Au Jus recipe!)
French Dip Crescent Directions:
- Unroll crescents onto a large cookie sheet.
- Spread a small dab of horseradish on each crescent, then place a slice of roast beef and a piece of cheese on each crescent.
- Roll crescents starting from the wide end and ending at the narrow end.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes, until crescents are a golden color.
- Serve with Au Jus and enjoy!
Au Jus recipe can be found HERE
Easy Au Jus Ingredients:
- olive oil, just enough to saute
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (I use jarred)
- 1/8 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Caramelize the onions in a small amount of olive oil. Add garlic and cook for a minute or two more.
- Deglaze the pot with white wine, then add Worcestershire sauce and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add beef broth and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Strain broth and then return it to pot. Add flour and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
As always you can find this and many more wonderful recipes that I try from Pinterest on my boards HERE. I would love for you to join the fun, just leave me a comment if your not already on Pinterest and I will send you an invite to join the carnival of pictures.