Country Club Chicken
This recipe comes from Kayotic Kitchen, which I found through Pinterst. I think that the author of this recipe is so humorous in the way she writes and the photos that she uses to go with each step of cooking are wonderful. You should really go and check out the original recipe posted on Kay the Dutch Girl's blog and see her many other recipes which are so well organized and provide such a range of ethnic foods. I can't wait to cook up this recipe tonight, see how many thumbs up this one gets from the family, and try some of her other recipes another time.
- Mince the onion. Clean and slice the mushrooms.
- Peel and mince the apple (or wash it well). Mine was a golden delicious.
- Season the chicken breasts with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Cook the bacon and don’t clean out the pan. Cleaning the pan is a venial sin. Drain the bacon on a paper napkin.
- Add a bit of butter and quickly brown the chicken breasts on both sides. Transfer them to a casserole.
- Cook the onion for a minute or three.
- And add the mushrooms.
- After a minute or three you add the minced apple and cook it all for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and crumble the bacon in there. Pour in the white wine.
- Add the soup.
- Sharp Cheddar, roughly 2/3 cup.
- Stir it into the sauce. And pour it all over the chicken breasts.
- Put the casserole in a preheated oven at 350F (175C) for 25 to 30 minutes. Until the chicken is super tender and the sauce is all hot and bubbly.
- Don't forget to use this time to cook the spaghetti according to the directions on your package.