3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Thursday, May 10, 2012

London Broil Marinade Recipe

Today after attending the funeral of a church family member I really felt I a strong desire to come home and pour out my love for my husband to him in everything I said and did.  John died in a tragic accident in his own yard last week and he was suddenly taken from his wife, four sons, and grandchildren, and all I wanted to do is make sure David knew I loved him.  I know he KNOWS, but yesterday I just felt the pressing need to be near him and to feel his presence even though he was at work.  I began texting him as soon as I left the funeral.


"I love you so very much!!!!!!!!"
"I just love you darling"

So when I got home I wanted to make something for David that I KNEW would make him happy and would be an expression of our love, so I marinaded a London Broil for grilling when he got home, then I took a picture of it and texted it to him along with a teasing message that said,

 " I thought this would make my lover happy. Is he coming over?"

Then the rest of the teasing love messages continued that I don't dare to share, HA.  But I will say, this marinade recipe was wonderful and took me back to the first night of our honeymoon 11 years ago when we were in our cabin in the Tennessee Mountains and we grilled a London Broil for our first meal together.  So that is why I made it and that is why I wanted to share it with you, maybe it will spark some romance between you and your man.


London Broil

Ingredients

  • 1/2 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 2 pounds flank steak

  1. In a small bowl, mix together garlic, salt, soy sauce, ketchup, vegetable oil, black pepper and oregano.
  2. Score both sides of the meat, diamond cut, about 1/8 inch deep. Rub garlic mixture into both sides of the meat. Wrap tightly in aluminum foil, and refrigerate for 5 to 6 hours, or overnight. Flip meat every few hours.
  3. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
  4. Place meat on the prepared grill. Cook for 3 to 7 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.

Hope you enjoy, if you like this recipe, you can find it and other recipes I try HERE on my Pinterest boards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment