3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Surprising and Joyful Conversation

Last night we had a very interesting, joyful, and somewhat funny conversation with our oldest son David. I always do a interview with the boys the night before they start school about their loves and hopes for the future. When I asked David what he wanted to be when he grew up, 
his answer was "Bible Man" 
What is Bible Man?
"He is kind of like a super hero but he shares God with everyone and prays for people"
Why do you want to do that?
"Because I prayed to have Jesus in my heart tonight"

(I had to take a moment here to choose my words carefully and also catch my breath. David and I have prayed for this moment for a long time and I didn't want to guide him, I wanted him to KNOW what he was saying)

What does that mean to you Davey?
"It means I asked God to forgive me and accept Jesus as my Savior"
What does it mean that Jesus is your Savior?
"He loved me and died for me"

At this point I was in tears, because I know that Davey understands but here is the somewhat funny moment of this that Davey will now have as a part his testimony for the rest of his life . . . . When did you do this Davey?
"While I was on the toilet"

OM Goodness . . . . . what do I do with that??? 

We decided to give it a few days and revisit the topic and if he is still feeling the same and wants to follow through with his decision, then we will talk with the pastor but we are so happy to announce that our son David Cole accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior last night in his own special moment and time 

0 comments:

Post a Comment