3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Monday, August 12, 2013

No-Sew Fleece Blanket for J

About 4 years ago my SIL Kelly made a Thomas the Train Fleece blanket for my oldest son D, and for about the past year my son J has been asking me to make him one.  So I decided to make one for his sixth birthday which is coming up this Friday but I had a few conditions for him.  I asked him to be willing to retire the airplane quilt I had made for his older brother's nursery bedding (which he adopted when he was a baby) and also retire a blanket that I bought him for Christmas a couple of years ago.  He was happy to abide by my rules ONLY if I promised that the airplane quilt was not actually leaving our house . . . . . which of course it isn't, it will be dry cleaned and stored properly.

Here is my attempt at a no-sew fleece blanket:

Materials needed

  • 1 1/2 yards of decorative fleece fabric
  • 1 1/2 yards of a solid fleece fabric
  • scissors
  • yard stick OR cutting mat with ruler along edge
Line of 2 fabrics back to back and cut out 5x5 inch square from each corner

Cut 1" x 5" fringe along each side

Tie back and front fringe together in double knot




Tips I found through Pieces by Polly that will be helpful the next time I make one
  • Use a cutting wheel on cutting mat to get perfect measured fringe
  • Use painters masking tape to mark the 5" edge that you will cut to
  • Optional 2" braided fringe

You can see Pieces by Polly instructions for a Double Layered No-Sew "Braided" Fleece HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment