3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Casting for FISH with AWANA

This year my husband and I became the Commanders for our AWANA club at church.  Our club kicked off in September and things have been going great.  I am trying my best to bring a lot of organization behind the scenes and hopefully plan for more awesome club events throughout the year that inspire our clubbers to stay motivated and excited throughout the year.  BUT for the first time in our club history our club sent my husband and I away to Commander College in Concord NC just outside Charlotte.

I was particularly excited about this location because I went to school at the University of NC at Charlotte and it was going to be great to be back in my old stomping grounds.  So David and I headed out for 3 days away for conference and time alone.

The conference was so amazing and we learned so very much, to say we were inspired and filled up would be a understatement.  For sure we left there with a desire to CAST out and catch FISH for the Lord.



David getting his Commander Certificate



For lunch on our second day of conference we went out to a Nascar inspired restaurant called Quaker Steak and Lube - I thought my husband would die and go to heaven, he totally loved this place.  We also went to a nascar headquarters where I couldn't take pictures, for one of our team challenges.  We had a competition on who could remove the lug nuts the fastest from a race car.  SOOO much fun!



0 comments:

Post a Comment