3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Friday, December 13, 2013

DIY Family Tree Shirt

I have known for a little while now that my mother has been wanting her "Grand Baby" sweatshirt updated or replaced because several of her grandchildren were not included on the shirt.  SO I have had that in the back of my mind and was inspired by these photos on pinterest to make one for her for Christmas.
Found HERE.  This is actually a wedding idea, but you can use it for many different functions such as family reunion, birthday or Christmas

Found HERE


Here is the result of my inspiration
1.  Sketch out design


2.  Using Fabric markers I drew the basic design onto the sweatshirt

3.  Using my fingerprint, I used three different colors to put a fingerprint to represent each grandchild and great-grand child onto the branches of the tree.  In this case I used orange, pink and a light pink (for the great-grand daughter)

4,  Using a very fine point pain brush I gave each fingerprint owl ears

5,  Using the same fine point brush, I went back and painted large circle eyes and triangle beak on each owl




The only thing I have left to do is pick up a fine point fabric marker so I can write each grandchild's name under or beside their finger print owl. 

Regardless of my artistic skills, I know that mom will cherish this cute shirt with all of her grand-babies near and dear to her heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment