3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Surprise visit and a beautiful day for the Beach

We were pleasantly surprised when my oldest brother Ted, my SIL Paula and foster-nephew Sam called and said they were coming down for the weekend for a quick visit and to go to the beach.  They arrived Friday evening and after dinner the CARDS came out and we played a fun game of Liverpool Rummy {these are not the rules or guidelines we play by, we have our own role book, but this give you an idea of how to play the game}.

The kids eating some chocolate lava cake



The GAME is on
my brother Ted trying to play Liverpool AND play War with Jon
Rachel handed Sam her new ballerina Barbie and he just sat their holding it Ha
 

Breakfast the next morning, and then Ted, Paula, Sam, Rachel and I headed off to the beach


I don't often get to spend time with my brother and his family, so when I was asked if I would like to go with them down to the beach, I jumped on the chance to go and take just Rachel along.  It would have been hard for me to keep the boys out of the water and I really wanted to enjoy quality time with Rachel and my brother on the beach.

The weather was so perfect, I was bundled up in a jacket, scarf, hat, gloves and ended up stripping them all of and taken them back to the car along with Rachel's hat.  IN fact the weather was so warm that even my SIL braved the chilly water to get wet and Sam did some sun bathing while Rachel and I hunted for shells.

my brother Ted with Rachel

photo by Ted Haynes Hope (my brother)
photo by Ted Haynes Hope (my brother)
photo by Ted Haynes Hope (my brother)
photo by Ted Haynes Hope (my brother)
photo by Ted Haynes Hope (my brother)

 Beautiful afternoon and even more fun in the evening with another two rounds of Liverpool including one round of cut-throat with just Ted, Paula and I in which I WON :-) before they headed back up Raleigh way.  LOVE you guys and so happy you came down for a quick visit before the end of the year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment