3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sleepy Ballerina

Today our little lady danced her way onto the stage as a fairy sprite in the Spring Showcase with our ballet studio.  When we had R three years ago I went through a grieving process of the girl I dreamed of when we found our R was born with Down Syndrome.  One of the dreams I had for my little girl, was to be a ballerina.  However, as I have grown into being the parent of a child with DS, I have also moved through my early grief into the joy of the beautiful gift God gave me (us) through the life of our 3rd little Miracle Rachel.

R's future and possibilities are only restricted by how much we hold back because of our own pre-conceived notion of what she can and can't do . . . . . so we try NOT to hold back.  Today one of those dreams became a bright possibility and our little girl wore herself out achieving her first footsteps in the spot light of ballet.

Following performance images courtesy of Dove Imaging in New Bern, NC:











0 comments:

Post a Comment