3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Busy weekend Part II - Day at the Museum

On day two of our busy weekend we drove up early for my niece Hilary's graduation, so we could spend the day at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the boys before heading over to the hotel to join the rest of the family. I packed a lunch for us so we wouldn't have to spend a lot of money on lunch at the museum (technically your not supposed to bring food in, but we had it tucked into the bottom basket of the stroller).  So when we did stop for lunch at top of the museum, I bought french fries and a couple of sodas from the cafe so that we were worthy of sitting in the cafe area ;-).  Do I feel bad?  NOPE, I am a mom with a small family entertainment budget and I needed to save SOME money.

The museum was a lot of fun, we had a great time with the kids exploring all of the exhibits, but the one we loved most was the dinosaurs.  I was amazed to realize that ALL of the dinosaurs that were on display were dinosaurs that the fossil remains had been found within North Carolina, way cool. 
 
This was Davey's favorite, the Sloth, it helped him to understand how BIG Sid the Sloth was in the Ice Age movies and how much BIGGER the Mammoth was.  I wish I had gotten a better picture.
I WISH these two pictures of the kids and I had turned out clear.  Davey was loving on me and the baby, which he does often, and my MoG caught the moment.
Our last stop inside the museum was the butterfly atrium, beautiful!

Outside the boys got to pet the miniature pony from the wagon rides.

Wonderful day and well worth the time and effort, if your ever in NC go visit our state capital and visit the NC Museum of Natural Sciences, its FREE

After the museum we headed for the hotel and checked in for a quick nap, before meeting my parents for dinner and then the rest of the family later at the hotel for more birthday cake for Davey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment