3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Friday, September 30, 2011

Show Us Your Life - Favorite Places to Shop for Kids

I think one of the most common questions I get is "Where did you get that?", especially when it comes to Rachel's clothes.  I love to shop for my kids, and more often then not will put their wardrobe needs before my own.  I just can't help myself, I see something cute and my brain is thinking of a cute family picture, event, OR church.  So, when Kelly posted the schedule for Show Us Your Life and I saw this topic was on the schedule I knew I was going to share.

Top on my list if Gymboree, I mostly shop their store online because the closest store to me is over an hour away.  I love their clothes because they are made so well and they have amazing re-sale value.  So if I make sure we take good care of them I can put them up for consignment, ebay OR in the boys case I can pass them down to Jon before I sell them.  Another thing I love about Gymboree, is that they have such an wonderful layered look to their sets and family looks, so that the boys and Rachel aren't wearing exactly the same thing but layers of the same colors.  Finally, they have AMAZING deals when they have sales and I make out like a bandit filling up my bags and not emptying my wallet!  (I will add that a lot of times I will get my Gymboree clothes on ebay to save even more money.)



I would be crazy not to shop at Target for my kids clothes, they have amazing style and great quality.  The bad thing is the prices are so good that I could easily fill up my cart and be out of control before I know it, HA.  Many of the clothes that I purchase at Target will hold up and this is especially important for the boys since I would like to get double wear out of them with David and Jon.  When it comes to back to school shopping, Target is always my first stop for basics.


Another place I love to shop it Belk, I think this is a store mostly found here in the south east.  Belk is a higher end department store, but like most stores it too has amazing sales and I LOVE hitting those sales.  When the sales happen I usually purchase a bunch of clothes for the next season and put them back for the kids, but this means I really have to be on my game and think things through, which hopefully means it's just Rachel and I shopping so I can think, HA.

Finally, a place I love to shop for kids clothes is TJ Maxx.  I can almost always find great stuff for Rachel there at amazing prices, but I really have to hit it just right to find the type of shirts and pants I like for the boys because I don't like a lot of character stuff and the name brand can still be pricey for a 4 and 6 year old (pricey by my standard for a store that is discount).  Usually when I shop TJ, I am shopping for the season ahead.

A few other places I loved to shop for kids clothes are consignment Store's and ebay, you can always find great clothes there and sometimes find things still new with tags on them.

So these are just a few of the places I love to shop, I can't wait to read the list of places other Blog Mom's come up with to shop.  Have fun checking it out HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment