3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Custom Car seat Covers and BIG NEWS of something ahead

Recently I did a post with a wish list and the last thing on my wish list was for a baby girl to go in a cute car set like this.

Well a BUNCH of you, especially the other expecting Mom's in my readership, wanted to know where I found this adorable car seat cover . . . . . and the answer is originally on ebay.  I fell in love with these seats because the designer seemed to put such care into the details and quality of product. Brenda makes a point to make the covers out of cotton with an 8 oz. padding (she doubles up on the padding so its 16 oz.'s of padding). With the holes to fit your 5 point harness like a glove.  Included in most of her car seat sets, is the replacement cover, canopy, and reversible safety strap covers (check the description on all car seats covers on her etsy site for the details of how it is made and what is included).  I looked carefully at the feedback from those who purchased covers from her and there was an overwhelming response of love for the product, the only consistent comment was that it took some time to get, and that is because Brenda takes care in making your custom car seat, so if your ordering be prepared for it to take some time, it will be worth the wait.

BUT, so many of you wanted to know more, that I contacted the designer of the ebay shop Little Monkey Butts to find out more so I could share.   The exciting news is that she also has a Etsy shop called Little Sheep Boutique where her prices for the car seats range from $55 - 65, in addition she also sells a few other cute baby accessories to match the seat covers (this means you get to avoid the ebay bidding). 

Here are a few of her other CUTE covers (and yes she makes some styled for boys)
and her Wipe Case w/ 2 burp clothes.

Interview with the designer:

Shop owner name:
Brenda Greco

How did you get started on Etsy?
I got started with Esty through a friend, I started to make the car seats as a hobby and it just got crazy from there. I'm now a lucky stay at home mom.

How did you decide on the name for your shop?
I came up with the name Little Sheep Boutique just thought it was cute and unique.

Where do you get inspiration for the items in your shop?
The more car seat covers I would make the more I wanted to add to the covers to help sell them. I sell over 13 differnt baby things.  Like car seat covers, car seat tents, support pillows, strap covers, boot, blanket boot, car seat blanket, weather cover, diaper bags, wipe case, changing pads, bibs, burp cloths, binky bibs, binky clips,and I also do custom toddler car seat covers. On request I do crib sets as well.

What item is your personal favorite?
I would have to say my favorite thing is the crib sets.

Do you make custom orders?
Yes I do any thing custom. I can also monogram.

What is your biggest hurdle with running your shop?
My biggest hurdle is make my stuff perfact. that is VERY VERY important to me.

How many years have you been creating?
I have been sewing for over 20 years, but with my shop 7 years.

How long has your Etsy shop been open?
I had my esty shop for a little over a year now. I was selling with another website for about two years but decided to take a different direction.

Are you running any current promotions or coupons?
No specials at this time.

BIG NEWS!!!!!
Brenda is going to give me a car seat cover to giveaway 
with my new giveaway kickoff in April.  
Starting April 1st I will be starting a new giveaway program featuring products for your little ones celebrating my journey to baby #3.  Watch for more details coming soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment