3 little Miracles

3 little Miracles

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's for Supper Wednesday

I don't think I have blogged about this before, but one of the ministries I do at my church is prepare and serve supper on Wednesday nights just before service.  The Wednesday Night Supper ministry allows so many of our busy mom's, to be able to just come straight to church and sit down to eat with their family and extended church family without worrying about cooking and cleaning.  So, I coordinate the teams that prepare meals plus my husband and I serve as a team on two of the nights out of the month.

The way this works at out church is, we have 4 teams (my husband and I are 2 of those teams, one of our church families just moved away and we took over their slot).  Each team serves one WNS a month, or in our case 2 and on the months that there are 5 Wednesdays, we do a fund raiser supper, raising money for mission projects, paper goods, or building project.  Each team has two different suppers they serve giving us 8 different meals over a two month period.  The four meals my MoG and I serve on our nights are Italian, Mexican, Casserole, and Soup & Sub night.

Here is the full two month schedule
          Week 1:  Italian                                      Casserole
          Week 2:  Mexican (Taco Salad)              Soup & Sub
          Week 3:  Chicken                                   Ham 
          Week4:  Meatball Subs                           Pizza Night

Our church has gone through a lot of changes over the past several years, we used to serve close to 100 people on Wednesday nights, but now we serve in the neighborhood of 17-25 people.

This is what's for supper tonight:
Paula Deen's Spicy Chili
Fixens for Chili :  Fritos, grated cheese, and sour cream
6" Turkey & Ham and cheese subs
Triple Chocolate Chunk Brownies

Paula Deen’s Spicy Chili

Ingredients:


  • 1 pound lean ground chuck (I used ground turkey)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
  • 2 (15-ounce) cans ranch-style beans
  • 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (15-ounce) can niblet corn, drained
  • 1 (10-ounce) can Ro-tel (I used mild Ro-tel)
Directions:
In a dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown ground chuck, until beef is crumbly.  Stir in onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
Stir in beans, tomato sauce, corn, and ro-tel.  Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally.

**I doubled the recipe, omitted the bell pepper, and transferred mine to a crock pot on low for a couple of hours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment